Introduction / Background
SB630 /HB1539, the Grant Applications and Reporting – Uniform Forms and Requirements bill, was enacted on May 8, 2020. The Governor announced that this will become law without his signature and take effect July 1, 2020. A complete
copy of the legislation is attached.
The law established the Maryland Efficient Grant Application (MEGA) Council to study and make recommendations to the Governor’s Grants Office and the Department of Budget and Management regarding the management of grants across the state of Maryland. A final report is due to the General Assembly in July of 2024, with annual reports due in December of each year, starting in 2021.
Chair - Jennifer Colton, Director, Governor's Grants Office
MEGA Council Meeting Dates - Occuring Quarterly beginning January 2021
Check back regularly for updates.
- January 7, 2021 - 9:30 am - 11:00am
- April 8, 2021 - 9:30 am - 11:00am (more information to come)
- July 8, 2021 - 9:30 am - 11:00am (more information to come)
- October 7, 2021 - 9:30 am - 11:00 am (more information to come)
- June 25, 2021 - 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm
If you have any questions regarding the council or its activities, please email Jennifer Colton at