2019 Annual Grants Conference
Thank you for attending the 15th Annual Governor's Grants Conference on October 21, 2019 in College Park, Maryland at the Marriott Hotel and Conference Center.
The objective of the conference was to bring together 600 + statewide grant professionals for affordable, targeted professional development to increase capacity for grant awards and compliance.sessions.
- Gain knowledge on the full grants lifecycle.
- Identify existing and emerging requirements impacting the field of grants management.
- Apply best practices in grants management.
- Analyze new concepts and strategies for improving compliance and organizational efficiencies in the field of grants management.
Suggested Session topics (specify beginners or advanced; and preferred sector audience):
- Federal and State trends that impact grants management
- Grant writing training, tips and epic failures
- What gets funded and why?
- Current and Emerging grant availability and technical assistance for completing specific federal, state, foundation grant applications and processes
- Using grants.gov and grants.maryland.gov
- President’s Cross Agency Management Goal 8
- Focused exploration and application of Uniform Guidance (pre award, post award, closeout)
- Cost principles
- Time and effort reporting
- Subrecipent v. Contractor determination
- Subrecipient Risk Assessment
- Working with Researchers
- Subrecipient Monitoring
- Single Audit
- Developing Indirect cost proposals and cost allocation plans
- Foundation funding
- Corporate funding
- Community Foundation
- NGMA Membership, certification and GMBok Guide